[Mailman-Users] HELP! Just broke Mailman with a bogus list.

Wed Mar 7 13:31:56 EST 2018

I just added a new list where I wanted to experiment with the
topics feature.  But after adding the list, the list_lists
utility no longer works:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/mladmin/Util/MM2/list_lists", line 130, in <module>
>     main()
>   File "/home/mladmin/Util/MM2/list_lists", line 100, in main
>     mlist = MailList.MailList(n, lock=0)
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 131, in
>   __init__
>     self.Load()
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 698, in
>   Load
>     self.CheckValues()
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 780, in
>   CheckValues
>     for name, pattern, desc, emptyflag in self.topics:
> ValueError: too many values to unpack

And when I tried to delete the list, I got a similar error:

> $ ~mailman/bin/rmlist test.list.topics
> Not removing archives.  Reinvoke with -a to remove them.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/bin/rmlist", line 161, in <module>
>     main()
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/bin/rmlist", line 116, in main
>     mlist = MailList.MailList(listname, lock=0)
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 131, in
> __init__
>     self.Load()
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 698, in
> Load
>     self.CheckValues()
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 780, in
> CheckValues
>     for name, pattern, desc, emptyflag in self.topics:
> ValueError: too many values to unpack

I am assuming it is this last list that I added that is causing
the problem.  How can I back this out without using the rmlist
utility?

Using Mailman version: 2.1.20

--
                                   Cordially,