[Mailman-Users] Switching a list to port 443

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Mar 7 11:40:21 EST 2018

On 03/07/2018 08:29 AM, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
> On Tue, 2018-03-06 at 19:25 -0800, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> Or you could just run the script at
>> <https://www.msapiro.net/scripts/https.py> under withlist for those
>> lists you want to change.
>
> Mark, there appears to be a bit of an issue with this script.  I've
> changed the DEFAULT_URL_HOST to "www.fmp.com", and have recently added
> add_virtualhost() call for this hostname as well, but after running
> this script on several lists it seems that in some circumstances the
> URL host is changed to a value of DEFAULT_URL_HOST which was in effect
> when the list was created. Using fix_url has no such problems and seems
> to fix everything.

I don't think that has anything to do with the script itself. All the
script does is change any occurrence of 'http:' to 'https:' in a list's
web_page_url.

The most likely explanation for what you observed is you never ran
fix_url on the affected lists after you changed DEFAULT_URL_HOST to
"www.fmp.com" so their web_page_url attribute still had the prior domain.