[Mailman-Users] Accept vs Approve wording on moderator pages

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Fri Mar 2 21:38:27 EST 2018

(This based on my understanding of modern English usage in the USA. YMMV)

On 3/2/2018 11:03 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> but that leaves an inconsistency on the summary page itself with (un)subs
> being "Approved" and messages being "Accepted".
That's not necessarily inconsistent. A subscription would be approved, with
"approval" connoting a more active action than accept.

OTOH accept/reject for a message makes sense since the moderator is allowing
the message ("accepting") for distribution, but that doesn't mean the
moderator agrees with it's contents, only that it meets whatever guidelines
the moderator is using.

approve 1. officially agree to or accept as satisfactory.
accept 1. consent to receive (a thing offered).

Later,

z!