[Mailman-Users] 'Read-only file system' when processing posts

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Mar 1 14:50:13 EST 2018

On 03/01/2018 11:22 AM, Jesse B. Crawford wrote:
> Yes, I can create rules by hand fine including as the mailman user.

???

We're not talking about creating rules. We're talking about creating
queue files in /usr/local/mailman/qfiles/in/

> I've also checked the ownership and group on both aliases and the
> virtual domain map. I'm still wondering if postfix might be using the
> wrong user or group but I'm not sure how best to test that.

Postfix pipes the mail to "/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post
listname" as the user and primary group of the owner of the aliases.db
file in which it finds the alias. Presumably, the group is correct or
the wrapper at /usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman would be complaining of a
group mismatch error, and presumably this wrapper is SETGID and
Mailman's group so that it actually runs with Mailman's group as
effective group.

Thus, the error is still a mystery to me assuming that Mailman's group
can create files in /usr/local/mailman/qfiles/in/

One thing you might check is whether Mailman can create queue entries.
You might run as the mailman user, Mailman's

bin/inject -l LISTNAME /path/to/file/containing/test/message

This will create an entry in /usr/local/mailman/qfiles/in/ and Mailman's
processing of this will remove that and make entries in
/usr/local/mailman/qfiles/out/ and /usr/local/mailman/qfiles/archive/
which will in turn be processed and removed. Does all this work?