[Mailman-Users] 'Read-only file system' when processing posts

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Mar 1 13:06:53 EST 2018

On 02/28/2018 09:26 PM, Jesse B. Crawford wrote:

> When I try to email to a list, the following error is produced:
>    File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Switchboard.py", line 136, in
> enqueue     fp = open(tmpfile, 'w')
>  IOError: [Errno 30] Read-only file system:
> '/usr/local/mailman/qfiles/in/1519878645.717417+32700e28bfadb80bc2aa1db465be6ad2122f6a69.pck.tmp'

Normally that means the file system containing
/usr/local/mailman/qfiles/in/ is mounted read-only, but you probably
knew that.

> As far as other potential causes, selinux is disabled on this machine
> and the file system looks fine as far as space and inodes available.
> Plenty of other things are writing in var without trouble.

I was going to suggest SELinux, but you've already covered that.

The one thing you can check (I don't think check_perms checks it) is
mailman's aliases.db file MUST be owned by mailman. Postfix runs the
pipe as the user that owns the aliases.db file in which the pipe alias
is found. See DELIVERY RIGHTS in 'man local'.