[Mailman-Users] Issues w/ subscribe/reCAPTCHA v2 on Mailman 2.1.26

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Mar 1 12:16:01 EST 2018

On 02/28/2018 11:01 AM, Dave Pascoe wrote:
> Just upgraded to Mailman 2.1.26 on a CentOS 5.11 system (yeah, I
> know....this is a legacy box and will be migrating to a newer OS soon).

And the problem will be solved.

> I'm
> trying to enable reCAPTCHA v2 support. I've defined:
>
> RECAPTCHA_SITE_KEY = '...'
> RECAPTCHA_SECRET_KEY = '...'
>
> in mm_cfg.py.

Once again, I have introduced a Python 2.7 dependency :(

For older Python versions, line 154 in Mailman/Cgi/subscribe.py which is

        except urllib2.URLError as e:

needs to be

        except urllib2.URLError, e:

This is now reported at <https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/1752658>.