[Mailman-Users] Spam Subscriptions

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Sat Jun 2 21:55:16 EDT 2018

A couple months ago I asked a question and got a
response from Mark Sapiro, see below. We are
having trouble implementing anything. We are
trying recaptcha, but it isn't popular with our
users, thousands of whom are blind. Here is what my Linux guy asks:

Does anyone have any solution for dealing with spam subscriptions from gmail
addresses?
The requests are coming from random addresses that contain a few words, a
plus sign, then another random string of characters. I can't figure out how
we block this without blocking all addresses with plus characters in them,
which is not a good option.
We are getting hundreds of held subscription messages per day. Is blocking
this kind of thing through Exim an option? We are using cpanel.

p.s. The number of messages is causing my ISP to throttle my e-mail!

Dave