[Mailman-Users] ARC, was non-subscribers getting through--email address in "Real Name"

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp
Fri Jul 27 00:19:16 EDT 2018

John R Levine writes:

 > Large mail systems already know where all the mailing lists are.

Hm.  Well, that may be true for Google et al, but the systems at my
employer regularly mark internal business mail as "possible spam",
occasionally mark it as "almost certainly spam", and pass through
actual spam (vs. crap from my employer that I really don't want :-/)
unmarked daily.  They don't even know who their own hosts are!  (We
have two /16s, identification is trivial and there's no excuse for not
knowing.)  I get the feeling there are an awful lot of admins who need
all the help they can get.

 > * - PS to Stephen, I know you understand the difference but a lot of other
 > people reading this clearly don't.

I'm on Twitter, I don't take anything personally anymore. ;-)

Steve