[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1.X and HTTPS

Jayson Smith jaybird at bluegrasspals.com
Thu Jul 26 07:26:12 EDT 2018

Hi,

I'm currently using 2.1.26. Recently I had LetsEncrypt add lines to my
Apache configuration to redirect browsers from HTTP to HTTPS URLs. This
morning I found that this doesn't seem to work well with Mailman
database admin pages, I couldn't get Mailman to reject a held message
until I commented out those Apache config lines. Is there a way to make
Mailman work using HTTPS?

My reason for the redirect is that I'd heard that browsers, in
particular Chrome, are going to start warning about insecure sites. Does
this mean if any URL begins with HTTP people will have to click through
warnings, or is just the fact that HTTPS is available good enough, even
if the user or link didn't specify HTTPS?

Thanks,

Jayson