[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1.29 Release

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jul 24 18:59:08 EDT 2018

I am not so pleased to announce the release of Mailman 2.1.29.

It turned out there was a bug in the security fix in 2.1.28 that broke
the web admin and listinfo overview pages. This is fixed in Mailman
2.1.29. The patch referred to below has been corrected to fix this bug.
There is also a patch attached to
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/1783417> which applies to
2.1.28 to fix this issue.

Python 2.6 is the minimum supported, but Python 2.7 is strongly recommended.

Mailman 2.1.28 was a minor security fix release. It also has some i18n
updates and a couple of bug fixes and adds the ability to edit list
specific templates through the web admin UI in a supported language
other than the list's default. See the attached README.txt for details.

For details of the security issue, see the report at
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/1780874> which also includes a
patch for those who want to fix this issue without upgrading.

Mailman is free software for managing email mailing lists and
e-newsletters. Mailman is used for all the python.org and
SourceForge.net mailing lists, as well as at hundreds of other sites.

For more information, please see our web site at one of:

http://www.list.org
https://www.gnu.org/software/mailman
http://mailman.sourceforge.net/
https://mirror.list.org/