[Mailman-Users] Reply-to options not working

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Tue Jan 30 16:33:38 EST 2018

On 01/29/2018 10:14 AM, Chip Davis wrote:
> I have a constant problem with well-meaning, but essentially ignorant,
> email users who, upon seeing a "Reply To:" field in their MUA's setup
> screen, dutifully fill it in with their email address.

I too have seen people fill in the Reply-To in the MUA setup screen.  -
However I don't see the problem with it.

Recipients that hit reply (to a message that has not been modified) will
From: and Reply-To: are the same email address.

So I'm curious how the Reply-To: being set to the same thing as the
From: causes any problems here.

> Then they complain that even though they "replied to the list", their
> email went only to the poster.

It seems like you are describing two quite distinct things, 1) how the
MUA is configured, and 2) where the replies to incoming messages go back
out to.  IMHO the way the From: / Reply-To: are configured doesn't
matter or impact where replies to incoming messages go.

What am I missing?

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die