[Mailman-Users] Reply-to options not working

Dimitri Maziuk dmaziuk at bmrb.wisc.edu
Mon Jan 22 18:13:26 EST 2018

On 01/22/2018 04:55 PM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> Its worse than that: what about people who intentionally set the Reply
> To header on *non-mailing list* emails?

Then you won't get the "reply list" option in the first place.

In the basic reply-to case, the mailer *should* -- as defined by modern
RFCs -- honor the reply-to header.

In the case of a mailing list my options are reply to list, reply to
From:, reply to Reply-To:, or any combination thereof, and I fully
expect the program to read both my and the original sender's minds and
Do The Right Thing(tm) with a single click.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin