[Mailman-Users] Reply-to options not working

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Mon Jan 22 14:20:11 EST 2018

On 01/22/2018 10:37 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> With the default mail.override_list_reply_to = False, for a message with
> a List-Post: header and with the list posting address also in a Reply-To:
> header, T'bird will ignore the Reply-To: header and address a "Reply"
> to the From: address.
>
> Setting mail.override_list_reply_to = True will restore RFC compliant
> behavior and address a "Reply" to the Reply-To: header address(es).

With the information that you have provided I was able to test this.

My findings appear to be opposite of what you have outlined, and
correspond with what Hal wrote.

My test message has the same address in Reply-To: and List-Post: and a
different address in From:.

With mail.override_list_reply_to set to true (the default), the reply
went to the From: address.

With mail.override_list_reply_to set to false, the reply went to the

So, I think Thunderbird's new default is going to cause messages to go
back to the author, ignoring the Reply-To.

I can see how this could be annoying as a message author who wants
messages to be directed to the mailing list, particularly if I set the
Reply-To to be the mailing list.  *sigh*

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die