[Mailman-Users] Problem Delivering Mail

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Mon Jan 15 16:22:22 EST 2018

At 03:03 PM 1/15/2018, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>On 01/15/2018 12:26 PM, David Andrews wrote: >
>Some of my lists, and some of my users are
>unable to send mail. The > users get a message
>like this: > > Subject: Mail delivery failed:
>returning message to sender > > This message was
>created automatically by mail delivery
>software. > > A message that you sent could not
>be delivered to one or more of its > recipients.
>This is a permanent error. The following
>address(es) failed: > > Â  jobs at nfbnet.org > Â Â
>Â  local delivery failed > > Reporting-MTA: dns;
>host.nfbnet.org > > Action: failed >
>Final-Recipient: rfc822;jobs at nfbnet.org >
>-- and more than one user.  This is a cPanel >
>installation, but I don't know that this is
>related, and I have access > to everything. So
>presumably jobs at nfbnet.org is the list. If this
>is cPanel, the MTA is almost certainly Exim, and
>in my experiencer, Exim logs aren't as detailed
>as the ones I'm more used to, but what is in the
>Exim logs related to this message. You might
>also consider contacting cPanel about this. See
><https://wiki.list.org/x/12812344> and
><https://wiki.list.org/x/4030641>. -- Mark Sapiro

Thanks everybody, things working again.  Not sure
what caused the problem, I did delete a file last
night, but it shouldn't have broken all lists, but maybe it did.
Got a auto message from cPanel about Mailman RPM
being out of kilter, and gave me a command to
fix. It basically reinstalled Mailman I think, but everything working again.

Dave

p.s.  I know just enough to be dangerous -- which isn't very much!

DA