[Mailman-Users] MM3 book in the works

Rich Kulawiec rsk at gsp.org
Sat Jan 13 12:38:29 EST 2018

On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 05:27:01PM +0000, Tom Browder wrote:
> I would love to see a new book on MM3.  Anyone know of such a project
> proposed or in the works?

I've been working on a book about mailing list management and usage --
including MTAs, MLMs (such as Mailman), processes, best practices, etc.
The MM material to this point has been MM2-centric, but I've been running
various instances of MM3 and accumulating experience with it.

This is intended -- somewhat -- as a modern version of "Managing
Mailing Lists" by Schwartz, which is now 20 years old.  Obviously
the landscape has changed quite a bit since then; I don't think
we need to worry much about UUCP-style addresses any more, but we
do need to worry about DMARC.  And so on.

I can't see leaving out MM2 at this point, because a LOT of people are
running and are going to be running it for years.  But it would seem
a disservice not to cover MM3.  So I suspect, at the risk of some
duplication, both with have to make the cut.

---rsk