[Mailman-Users] Sample of an Uncaught bounce notification

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jan 12 13:10:34 EST 2018

On 01/12/2018 07:43 AM, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> Is this live sample of an Uncaught bounce notification useful to
> forward to developers to extend pattern matching.
>
> http://berklix.com/~jhs/tmp/mailman/uncaught_bounce_notification/1

Thank you for your report. In this case, the message that is an
"unrecognized bounce" is not an actual bounce of a list message. It is a
message (looks like spam) sent directly to the gea-chat-bounces at ...
address. This happens from time to time, but short of Mailman trying to
recognize spam sent to the -bounces address, there's nothing we can do,
and spam recognition and filtering is better done at the incoming MTA level.