[Mailman-Users] Changing the List URL and email domain

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jan 11 14:00:42 EST 2018

On 01/10/2018 09:37 AM, Andrew Hodgson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to change the list URL and email domain, is there any way of keeping the old domain and URL active?  Using Mailman 2.1.24 here.

If I understand correctly, you want to change a list's domains by doing
sonething like what's described at <https://wiki.list.org/x/4030592>,
but you still want mail to the old address and URLs with the old domain
to go to the list.

The URLs are just a matter of ensuring the old domain's DNS records (A,
CNAME, whatever) point to the current Mailman server.

For email, it's similar, although the records of concern are A and/or
MX, but you also have to ensure that the MTA on the server still
deliver's that mail to Mailman and in Mailman itself, you may need to
add the old address to Privacy options... -> Recipient filters ->
acceptable_aliases, although if the listname isn't changed, this last
step probably isn't necessary.