[Mailman-Users] Privacy Filter Unusual Behavior

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jan 4 15:23:41 EST 2018

On 01/04/2018 08:34 AM, Chris PUCHALSKI wrote:
> It is a Redhat package (mailman-2.1.12-25.el6.x86_64) so not from source. I have the version locked because I found updates over wrote the customizations made to the look/feel. Most of the modifications are related to hiding options from users (to protect themselves) and cosmetic (so it fits company look/feel). It was working up to some point a few months ago, I know because I was doing some testing to help a list owner make a private list. I have the version locked because I found updates over wrote the customizations made to the look/feel.

So I assume from the fact that you are not contradicting any of this:

> OK. My understanding is a non-member posts to the list. The non-member gets a rejection notice. The vette log has an entry like "Message rejected, msgid: <message-id> ...". The message is also sent to the list member(s). The post log has an entry like "post to <listname> from <address>, size=..., message-id=<message-id>, success".
>
> <listname> is the list in question; <address> is the non-member address and the <message-id> in the vette log and post log are the same.
>
> Is all this correct?

that my understanding is correct.

In that case, I think the issue must be due to your local changes. I
can't say any more without seeing your code. Most likely, the issue is
in /var/lib/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Moderate.py. I would like to see a
copy of that and also the setting for GLOBAL_PIPELINE in
/var/lib/mailman/Mailman/Defaults.py and anything that references
GLOBAL_PIPELINE in /var/lib/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py (aka
/etc/mailman/mm_cfg.py).

Also, I'd like to see the entire "except Errors.RejectMessage" clause in
the _dopipeline method of the IncomingRunner class in
/var/lib/mailman/Mailman/Queue/IncomingRunner.py.