[Mailman-Users] Retention policy for archives

Dang Tran tran at isoc.org
Mon Feb 12 16:28:59 EST 2018

Hi Mark – prior to running this prune script, do I need to stop postfix first?

On 01/15/2018 11:44 AM, Dang Tran wrote:

> Hi – I’d like to setup a retention policy to delete all archives older than

> 1yr.  please help me to setup this.  thanks

See the script at <https://www.msapiro.net/scripts/prune_arch> (mirrored

at <https://fog.ccsf.edu/~msapiro/scripts/prune_arch>).

You could run this periodically via cron to do what you want. The down

side of this is each time you run it, the messages in the archive will

be renumbered and prior saved URLs to archived messages will no longer work.

--

Mark Sapiro <m... at msapiro.net>        The highway is for gamblers,