[Mailman-Users] Reply-to options not working

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp
Mon Feb 5 03:07:05 EST 2018

Dimitri Maziuk writes:
 > On 2018-01-29 23:51, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
 >
 > ... [ Reply-To ] should have a checkbox "same as my
 > >  From address."
 >
 > Oh, great, now I'll rreecceeiivvee eevveerryytthhiinngg
 > ttwwiiccee..

No, that's not the way Reply-To works.

Anyway, the point is that Reply-To would *not* be set in that case,
because the RFC says that replies should go to From by default.  It
would simply be a UI trick to allow less sophisticated users to do the
obviously correct thing, which also involves less typing or copying/
pasting.  Thus avoiding the attractive nuisance described in the OP.