[Mailman-Users] Mailman+Exim in Ubuntu

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 04:35:22 EST 2018

Hi everyone,

I am very new to Ubuntu, and having problems with Mailman+Exim integration.
My biggest problem here would be my little knowledge in manipulating things
in Ubuntu.
So here goes:
I followed this link to install: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Mailman
The most important part in this is the MACROS definitions in Exim:

# User and group for Mailman, should match your --with-mail-gid
# switch to Mailman's configure script.  Value is normally "mailman"
MM_UID=list
MM_GID=list

Now, posts cannot be delivered because:
2018-12-15 00:00:58 1gXuEg-0006Hn-2J ** testing at lists.my.co.ke <
testing-bounces at lists.my.co.ke> R=mailman_router T=mailman_transport: Child
process of mailman_transport transport returned 2 from command:
/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman

After consulting Google, I got advised to run a test:

root at lists:/home/wash# /var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper post
Group mismatch error.  Mailman expected the mail
wrapper script to be executed as group "daemon", but
the system's mail server executed the mail script as
group "root".  Try tweaking the mail server to run the
script as group "daemon", or re-run configure,
providing the command line option `--with-mail-gid=root'

So, how do I resolve this in Ubuntu 18.04 ??

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,