[Mailman-Users] DKIM

Bernie Cosell bernie at fantasyfarm.com
Wed Dec 12 14:35:43 EST 2018

I have two questions about the DKIM/spf munging that mailman does.

First: when it replaces the 'from' with a munged address [replacing the name
with "name via thislist" does it stick the original email address somewhere in the
message, so if a listmember wanted to reply to the original sender they'd be able
to?  I thought it did but I just looked through one and didn't see the poster's
original email.  [actually, let me amend that: I see that his email addr is in the 'cc'
field -- did mailman do that or did he?]

Second, I'm a bit shaky [to say the least..:o)] about how the DKIM stuff all works.
I do have access to Unix shell account, so I can do dig and host and such.   If a
listmember asks me if "@randomserver.com" is OK to not-get-munged when it
posts to the list, what would I do?    Thanks

  /Bernie\
            Bernie Cosell
       bernie at fantasyfarm.com
-- Too many people; too few sheep --