[Mailman-Users] Mailman subscription/unsubscription reports

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 09:35:44 EST 2018

On Mon, 3 Dec 2018 at 17:11, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

> On 12/3/18 4:55 AM, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I am running a list that has members joining and leaving.
> > I'd like to get an inside of these changes:
> > 1. how many members joined last month, this month..
> > 2. How many members left last month, this month, this year.
> >
> > I keep the log files so I Believe I can get this information, but
> wondering
> > if someone already did the script so I don't have to re-invent.
>

> Analyzing the logs is the way to do this.  I'm not aware of any scripts
> to do what you want, but creating one shouldn't be hard.

I thought so too.

> > Would it be such a long shot to have mailman recording "joined date" for
> > the members of a list? So at least we can see "Member since YYYY-MM-DD"
> in
> > the roster?
>

> This won't happen for Mailman 2.1.

Noted.

> For Mailman 3, you can submit an RFE at
> <https://gitlab.com/mailman/mailman/issues/new>.

Heheee... I am one of those people who have all the time wished to run MM3,
but it seems it's not possible/easy on FreeBSD.
Not being a coder, I am one of those who will just stick to the MM2 forever
:-)

Mark, how about a request to incorporate those options in the following
script?
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/2.1/annotate/head%3A/contrib/mmdsr

I am thinking that for you, it'd would be clear (probably simpler) what
needs to be added.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,