[Mailman-Users] blocking bad digest replies

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Aug 28 16:09:20 EDT 2018

On 08/21/2018 08:04 PM, Richard Damon wrote:
> On 8/21/18 9:06 PM, Bernie Cosell wrote:
>> I'm a newcomer to replies [first time in many many years I've had digests on one
>> of my lists, so it is all very new to me].  What I would like is to set up a content
>> filter that 'holds' replies by sloppy posters.  Specifically, I'd like to catch posts
>> with a Subject line of "Re; <mylist digest>" and one that contains the 'footer' at
>> the end of the post [both indicative of a sorta clueless poster who didn't do
>> anything to trim down the digest].  I think/hope the content filtering can do
>> something like that.  Yes??
>>     /B\
>>             Bernie Cosell
>>        bernie at fantasyfarm.com
>> -- Too many people; too few sheep --
>>
> It is fairly easy to add a filter for the subject line, (The menu
> location is a bit strange, Privacy Options / Spam Filters

In addition to Privacy Options / Spam Filters / header_filter_rules to
catch digest subjects, you can do other things with a custom handler.

See <https://wiki.list.org/x/4030615>.

There is also a handler at
<https://www.msapiro.net/scripts/MoreHolds.py> which can hold posts
which quote excessively, have no Subject:, have a digest Subject: or
quote digest boilerplate. It would be easy to add a test for the list
footer.