[Mailman-Users] bounce notification to owner from non members?

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp
Wed Aug 1 02:44:30 EDT 2018

Reply-To set to Mailman-Developers.  Please clean up your header if
you use Reply-All.

Richard Damon writes:

 > It would be nice if Mailman could tell the MTA as it was receiving the
 > message that it wasn't acceptable so it could be rejected then, but
 > since it generally can't, you need to discard spam, not reject it.

Since Mailman3 uses LTMP, I *think* it would be possible for Mailman
to reject it in such a way as to pass the rejection up the chain.

RFE submitted (https://gitlab.com/mailman/mailman/issues/498) and
assigned to yours truly.  Discussion to Mailman-Developers or me
personally, or on the issue, as you see fit.