[Mailman-Users] Wrong language sent to subscribers

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Apr 30 11:23:08 EDT 2018

On 04/29/2018 02:13 PM, Rubeno Fernández wrote:
> Hello all,
> I'm using Mailman 2.1.20 on Ubuntu 16, which I installed from their
> repositories; Python is 2.7. I've set up DEFAULT_SERVER_LANGUAGE  to 'ca' in
> my /etc/mailman/mm_cfg.py file. All the language files can be found at /usr/
> share/mailman/ca.

I'm unclear on how this is configured in your installation. In a
'normal' Debian/Ubuntu package, everything is in /var/lib/mailman/. In
particular, the various templates such as subscribeack.txt are in
/var/lib/mailman/templates/LC/, possibly overridden by list specific,
domain specific, or site specific templates. See
<https://wiki.list.org/x/4030605> for info on the location of these.

> However, subscription confirmation notices and acknowledgements are sent only
> in English. Strangely enough, the subjects are in Catalan, though.
> Is this a bug? How can I fix it?

You need to verify that the templates in /var/lib/mailman/templates/ca/
exist and are appropriate and if there are any overrides in
/var/lib/mailman/lists/LISTNAME/ca/,
/var/lib/mailman/templates/DOMAIN/ca/ or
/var/lib/mailman/templates/site/ca/ that they are appropriate.