[Mailman-Users] 'from' header at delivered email from inside / outside organization

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Apr 19 19:13:26 EDT 2018

On 04/19/2018 03:17 AM, kaneko at yamachu-tokachi.co.jp wrote:

> Does anyone know how to configure mailman to achieve expected behavior?
>

> Expected behavior:
>
> a.	When a sender is outside of our organization (abc.co.jp), the
> received mail should show original sender's email address at 'from' header.
> b.	When a sender is inside of our organization and receiver is outside
> of our organization, the received mail should show ML address
> (abc at ml.abc.co.jp <mailto:abc at ml.abc.co.jp> ) at 'from' header.

This can't be done in Mailman without source code modification.

You would have to modify Mailman's SMTPDirect.py module to always set

deliveryfunc = verpdeliver

and then modify verpdeliver itself to look at the sender and recipient
and if the sender is local and the recipient remote, replace the From:

The mods would not be difficult nor extensive, but this can't be done
with configuration alone.