[Mailman-Users] Munging the listinfo.html page automagically.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Sep 28 17:43:30 EDT 2017

On 09/28/2017 01:14 PM, The Mailing List Server Admin wrote:

> So if I wanted to make a programatic change to select group of
> new lists, would it really be just as easy as...
>
>     pipe ~mailman/templates/site/en/listinfo.html
>
>     ---> through a filter script ---->
>
>     to write ~mailman/lists/the-list-name/en/listinfo.html
>
> It seems to work.  But are there any gottchas waiting to bite me
> if I take this simplistic approach?

Probably not. The only issue would be if the list's preferred_language
was other than English or if the list supported non-English languages in
which case you would also want appropriate non-English templates in
~mailman/lists/the-list-name/LC/listinfo.html for the supported language
codes.

See <https://wiki.list.org/x/4030605> for, among other things, the
search rules for templates.