[Mailman-Users] List adds information to sender's name

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Sep 19 22:59:42 EDT 2017

From: header munging is not done in archives or digests because it isn't
necessary there. (Also see
<https://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2017-September/082470.html>)

> Is this normal behaviour? Can the list be configured to not append the
> "...via listname"  information to these messages?

In short, it can but we won't because it would cause your posts to be
rejected by every recipient whose ISP honors DMARC.

> And why do I not
> receive my message via the list but only directly?

Because your list option "Avoid duplicate copies of messages?" for this
list is set to Yes (the default). If you don't like that, go
to<https://mail.python.org/mailman/options/mailman-users>, log in and
change it.