[Mailman-Users] cause of bounces

Dimitri Maziuk dmaziuk at bmrb.wisc.edu
Wed Oct 18 13:51:35 EDT 2017

On 10/18/2017 11:37 AM, Grant Taylor via Mailman-Users wrote:

> I believe I remember (but can't point to) something in the DKIM spec
> that referenced the possibility that the DKIM signature could be broken
> by things as benign as an MTA doing a content transfer encoding
> conversion.  -  I have personally seen this.

Like tnеtсоnsulting.nеt being a benign minor encoding change in a couple
of characters?

Just because the authors of the RFC have also chosen to stick the square
peg in the round hole doesn't make the hole any less round, nor the peg
any less square.

Somewhere I've a 10-year old e-mail from Whit Diffie explaining how SSL
was a PR solution to a marketing problem. So this kind of
problem-finding and problem-solving has made to SMTP RFCs now, colour me
shocked.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin