[Mailman-Users] cause of bounces

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp
Tue Oct 17 23:38:59 EDT 2017

This whole thread reminds me of an evangelical arguing with a Jesuit.
2000 years of Bible study does make for strong debating!

Please note that the Sender/From distinction *and* the semantic
interpretations of those fields go back to RFC 733 (1977!) at least,
and the Society of Jesus, er, IETF has refused to change those
semantics on three occasions separated by about a decade apiece (RFCs
822, 2822 = STD 11 IIRC, and 5322).

There are strong reasons, founded in human behavior, for this standard.

Mark Sapiro writes:
 > On 10/17/2017 06:28 PM, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
 > >
 > > Yes, technically I know, but this kind of stuff makes my head hurt and
 > > my hats to change colors, so I fall back on "If it works, don't fix
 > > it".
 >

 > I hear that and I feel your pain.  Somehow it was all simpler when I was
 > younger, and I don't think it was just because I was younger.

A big 10-4 and PLOS 1 to everything you say, Mark!

Steve