[Mailman-Users] cause of bounces

Dimitri Maziuk dmaziuk at bmrb.wisc.edu
Tue Oct 17 20:00:02 EDT 2017

On 10/17/2017 05:36 PM, Grant Taylor via Mailman-Users wrote:

> /me wonders what color Dimitri's hat is.  ;-)  #knowtheyenemy

I've a "tactical foliage green" kufiah, best five bucks I ever spent on
an article of clothing.

The point was that SPF will flag messages with ineptly spoofed From
addresses, and I don't seem to see any of those anymore.

As for DKIM, say you proved that the message was altered after the
postmaster at yourdomain was done with it. Now what? Depending on how you
look at it, the standard says either
- now pretend you don't know if it was altered (in your interpretation:
"maliciously") or not, or
- (in Mark's version) assume anything not signed is malicious and invalid.
I strongly dislike either alternative.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin