[Mailman-Users] DKIM signing issue - relaying mailman e-mails from third party sources

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Thu Oct 12 17:15:34 EDT 2017

On 10/11/2017 12:12 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> solution 2). Your mail relaying process can rewrite the envelope sender
> to your domain, e.g., campaign at myserver.com or some other appropriate
> @myserver.com address. This will break mailman's automated bounce
> processing for mail from mailman-bounces at external-company.com that is
> relayed by you, but if you can verify the deliverability of that mail
> before relaying it and if it's not deliverable, reject it before
> rewriting the envelope sender, that won't be an issue.

Would something like configuring the MTA to use Sender Rewrite Scheme
help avoid this issue?

SRS would mean that the MTA would rewrite the SMTP envelope from address
to be a local domain that is permitted by SPF.  SRS would also decode
any bounces and send the original address into Mailman.  -  I think.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die