[Mailman-Users] bulk subscribe 7K users

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Oct 1 18:50:44 EDT 2017

On October 1, 2017 3:34:29 PM PDT, Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk at bmrb.wisc.edu> wrote:
>On 10/01/2017 04:55 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>
>> The log entries were written as Mailman did the subscribes and sent
>the
>> welcomes, but those subscriptions were lost when the process aborted
>> before finishing. No more subscriptions are currently being done.
>
>So I don't get it, are you saying that is *was* aborted after the CGI
>timed out?

Yes.

>Or are you following on my "if something happens to interrupt it"? --

As I see it that's the same thing.  The something that happened was the abort of the CGI.

>it
>was a hypothetical question about checkpointing and keeping state
>during
>long long-running tasks.

Mailman 2.1 does no check pointing. There is no database in the usual sense. It does have a mechanism for backing up and recovering if delivery of a list message is interrupted, but that's it.

--
Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net>
Sent from my Not_an_iThing with standards compliant, open source software.