[Mailman-Users] changing url for administration

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Nov 14 00:13:44 EST 2017

On 11/13/2017 08:55 PM, Ruben Safir wrote:
> On 11/13/2017 11:27 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> On 11/13/2017 08:02 PM, Ruben Safir wrote:
>>> I need to change the url for accepting messages that are deferred within
>>> and need to be handled by the lists admin page.  The submit button is
>>> pointed to a dead URL and I need to change it to list.myurl.com

You need to change the web_page_url attribute of the list. The proper
way to do that is to have the correct add_virtualhost entries in
mm_cfg.py and then run fix_url for the list with a command something like

bin/withlist -l -r fix_url LISTNAME --urlhost=list.myurl.com

(bin/ in the above is Mailman's bin/ directory) If you don't have a
proper add_virtualhost('list.myurl.com', ...) in mm_cfg.py, this may
also change the list's host_name attribute, but you can change that back
via the web admin UI.

Perhaps I should have mentioned <https://wiki.list.org/x/4030616> as well.