[Mailman-Users] Removing archived spam

Dimitri Maziuk dmaziuk at bmrb.wisc.edu
Sat Nov 11 14:04:41 EST 2017

On 2017-11-11 12:22, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> Heh, I just looked at that myself.  How did such a useless tool ever
> become standard?

My guess is IIRC SunOS was on Solaris 8 by 2001, and it was *the*
grown-up 64-bit unix: every other unix vendor's keeled over or was about
to and x86_64 didn't exist. So it was a standard utility on the standard
unix by the time when posix decided in 2001 The Standard Shall Be That
Other Thing. Good thing about standards, as we all know, is there's
plenty to choose from.

Dima