[Mailman-Users] Removing archived spam

Dimitri Maziuk dmaziuk at bmrb.wisc.edu
Sat Nov 11 13:17:15 EST 2017

On 2017-11-10 01:06, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Dimitri Maziuk writes:
>
>   > well, given /bin/arch and its importance to packagers and such, you'd
>   > have to agree that bin/arch was perhaps not the best choice of name.
>   > ;)
>
> Yup, and pretty sure Mailman's was first.  There's a reason why
> namespaces were invented.

Heh. You made me look. No, contrary to the popular belief LiGNUx did not
invent the world, nor did mailman invent "arch". Sunos had it since
forever, but it appears nobody else did. Somehow it made its way into
linux and apparently everyone's been trying to get rid of it ever since.
Including sunos.
<useless things I learn over Saturday morning coffee/>

Dima