[Mailman-Users] New list's SMTP failures

Nick Wyman nwyman at viablecomputing.com
Wed Nov 1 12:19:44 EDT 2017

Mark, thank you for your reply.

Yes, the hostname variable for the list is correct.  The posting emails from the list are delivered correctly.

I now think this is due to a spam email which was sent to mailman at mydomain.com  (it's stuck in my mail queue) which is somehow erroneously being processed by mailman and routed to this particular list's owners, but with a bad sender address.

Does this seem plausible?

I see a "mailman" list in /etc/aliases and ../mailman/lists, but there isn't a "mailman" list in my web config.  I did dump the configuration for the "mailman" list via config_list and hostname is set correctly.