[Mailman-Users] Bounce processing

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed May 31 10:32:57 EDT 2017

On 05/31/2017 01:36 AM, Ruben Safir wrote:
> I changed my aliases to something like this
>
> # STANZA START: hangout
> # CREATED: Sat Apr 15 12:09:33 2017
> hangout-leavemealone:    "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman owner hangout"

If you don't have a deliverable hangout-owner alias you will receive few
if any notifications from Mailman as they are typically sent to the
hangout-owner address in the expectation that that address will relay to
the owners/moderators.

> But I'm not getting bounce processing that I expect.  I lot of hard
> bounces are not being caught.  I set bounce level to 3
>
> These are hard bounces:

Is bounce processing not working or do you just think it's not working
because you aren't receiving notices? What's in Mailman's bounce log?