[Mailman-Users] Emergency Moderation Problem

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed May 24 19:30:46 EDT 2017

On 5/18/17 7:53 AM, dwardell at mifnet.com wrote:

> Recently I enabled "Emergency Moderation" briefly, but when I disabled
> it the system doesn't return to the normal state--all traffic is still
> moderated even though EM is off.
>
> When reviewing posts that are awaiting approval, the option to clear
> the subscriber's moderation flag appears, but checking the box has no
> effect. No subscribers should be set to mod.
> Further, the system will occasionally set a subscriber's mod flag to
> on when a post is held, even though that box was not checked before.
> Clearing these flags also has no effect.

It turns out there was a bug in the new member_verbosity_threshold
feature such that if the threshold was set to 1, every post would be
held and set the members mod flag. The bug report is at
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/1693366> and the fix is at
<http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/2.1/revision/1704>.