[Mailman-Users] list-admin on gmail ?

Håkon Alstadheim hakon at alstadheim.priv.no
Fri Mar 31 15:12:49 EDT 2017

Den 31. mars 2017 19:52, skrev Mark Sapiro:
> On 03/31/2017 10:05 AM, Håkon Alstadheim via Mailman-Users wrote:
>>
>> So, I need to NOT send the attachment to get the "pending" mail to the
>> list-admin.
>

> The only way to do that would be to modify the code in the
> hold_for_approval function in Mailman/Handlers/Hold.py,
Thanks for the tip, I actually might do that. At least I feel I can give
attempts at changing the config a rest.

  but why do you
> need to not send the attachment? As I indicate in my reply at
> <https://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2017-March/082071.html>,
> if the message is spam, why is there any urgency in notifying the admin
> of the held message? Isn't the next daily summary soon enough?

Sure, daily summary should be fine, but on a bad day these
non-deliverable admin-emails will add up, and postfix keeps trying to
deliver them. So my logs show quite a few failed delivery attempts.
Queue of undeliverable mail grows. Neat-freak in me gets very jumpy.

Like I say elsewhere, slight mis-reporting on my part, it's my
"smart-host" up-stream out-going smtp that is rejecting the mail w\
spam-attachments.