[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2 and 3

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Thu Mar 30 19:13:06 EDT 2017

On 3/30/2017 9:55 AM, Dave McGuire wrote:
>   Does 3 yet run on anything other than Linux?  The last time I looked at
> it, it looked to be pretty much Linux-only.  (My company's Solaris-based
> mail servers aren't going away anytime soon.)

Unless v3 is different from v2 in this regard, mailman doesn't have to run
in the same OS instance as the MTA. Put mailman3 on a linux (or bsd) box and
let the existing MTAs do their thing. You will have to deal with routing the
mailman aliases to the mailman system, but that shouldn't be difficult.

OTOH, node.js is available for solaris x86 (32 & 64 bit) on the nodejs.org
site. If you're still running sparc servers.... aren't they getting a bit
long in the tooth? (Says the person still running his backup DNS on a
Pentium P90 :).)

Later,

z!