[Mailman-Users] What’s up: Sitelist is missing: mailman

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Mar 24 16:00:44 EDT 2017

On 03/24/2017 12:32 PM, Dominik Hoffmann wrote:
> Thanks, Mark!
>
> As for more details on the error, I found the following
>
> bounce: no errors
> qrunner:
>
> Mar 20 11:25:11 2017 (291) Master qrunner detected subprocess exit
> (pid: 299, sig: None, sts: 15, class: CommandRunner, slice: 1/1)

sts 15 is

015 ENOTBLK         Block device required

which means nothing to me without more info. Is there anything from that
time in Mailman's error log or the server's syslog? Was there some file
system issue around that time?

> This is, I believe the first date, on which I had trouble. I noticed something was up only two days later. Only today did I notice the extent to which something was wrong.
>
> smtp:
>
> Silence between March 20, 9:48 AM until today 12:31, when I fixed the missing mailman list and restarted mailman.
>
> smtp-failure: no errors
> subscribe: no errors
> vette: no errors
>
> Any idea, why the instructions at <https://www.askdavetaylor.com/why_is_mailman_complaining_site_list_is_missing_mailman/> have me add aliases to /etc/aliases? I don’t recall having to do that, when I first set up mailman.

You need aliases for the mailman list as for any other. Whether you need
to do anything manually depends on your MTA and how it's configured.

See <https://wiki.list.org/x/12812344>. Also note that the post you're
looking at is 11 years old and is talking about upgrading from 2.1b
(over 14 years old) to 2.1.2 (14 years old).

<http://www.list.org/mailman-install/site-list.html> would probably have
been a better place to look.