[Mailman-Users] how to automatic update aliases and virtual maps in Postfix ?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Mar 22 17:18:34 EDT 2017

On 03/22/2017 12:13 PM, Zalezny Niezalezny wrote:

> When I`m creating new mailing list, I would like to force Mailman to create
> automaticaly aliases in
>
> /etc/mailman/aliases
> /etc/mailman/virtual-mailman
>

> How to do it correctly. On Redhat everything is running but on Ubuntu...
> not.

I think the issue is where the files are located. In Ubuntu, the files
(aliases, aliases.db, virtual-mailman and virtual-mailman.db) will (I
think) be in /var/lib/mailman/data/.

See if in fact, those files exist and are updated when you create a list
or run Mailman's bin/genaliases.

Those files are the ones you want to point to in your Postfix config.