[Mailman-Users] compare lists setup

Hirayama, Pat phirayam at fredhutch.org
Tue Mar 21 11:54:50 EDT 2017

I think that config_list is what you want:

config_list -o list1config list1
config_list -o list2config list2
diff list1config list2config

---
[root at lists ~]# config_list
Configure a list from a text file description.

Usage: config_list [options] listname

    --inputfile filename
    -i filename
        Configure the list by assigning each module-global variable in the
        file to an attribute on the list object, then saving the list.  The
        named file is loaded with execfile() and must be legal Python code.
        Any variable that isn't already an attribute of the list object is
        ignored (a warning message is printed).  See also the -c option.

        A special variable named `mlist' is put into the globals during the
        execfile, which is bound to the actual MailList object.  This lets you
        do all manner of bizarre thing to the list object, but BEWARE!  Using
        this can severely (and possibly irreparably) damage your mailing list!

    --outputfile filename
    -o filename
        Instead of configuring the list, print out a list's configuration
        variables in a format suitable for input using this script.  In this
        way, you can easily capture the configuration settings for a
        particular list and imprint those settings on another list.  filename
        is the file to output the settings to.  If filename is `-', standard
        out is used.

    --checkonly
    -c
        With this option, the modified list is not actually changed.  Only
        useful with -i.

    --verbose
    -v
        Print the name of each attribute as it is being changed.  Only useful
        with -i.

    --help
    -h
        Print this help message and exit.

The options -o and -i are mutually exclusive.

One of -i or -o is required
----
				-p

--