[Mailman-Users] moderation without webpanel - how to setup in mailman 2 ?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jun 21 13:24:31 EDT 2017

On 06/21/2017 09:53 AM, Zalezny Niezalezny wrote:

> I would like to setup some newsletter where, external company sending an
> E-mail on the mailing list address, and after few seconds E-mail return to
> them with msg file(message file) to approve it.

If you set admin_immed_notify to Yes, such a message will be sent to the
owners and moderators of the list, and the held message can be approved
by replying to the message contained in the third MIME part with

as a header or the first body line of the reply where <password> is the
lists admin or moderator password. If the Approved: header is missing,
the message will be discarded. Note that the reply must be to the
message in the third MIME part, not the outer "notice", or at least sent
to the list's -request address with the confirm <token> in the Subject.

Thus, you can do this if the external company sender is a moderator and
knows the moderator password.