[Mailman-Users] Second Name

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Tue Jul 25 22:09:39 EDT 2017

On 07/24/2017 12:12 PM, Caesar Samsi wrote:
> It sounds like you want to create a master list which has list1 and
> list2 as members.

I understood David (OP) to be asking for something different.

list1 at example.org is the canonical list

David is asking for an alternate name, list2 at example.org, for the same list.

So, list1 at example.org and list2 at example.org are the same list.

> Couldn’t you just add list1 and list2 email addresses to the master
> list membership list?

Seeing as how list1 and list2 are two references to the same list, I
think that this is inapplicable as such.

I suppose list2 at example.org could be the master / umbrella list that has
list1 at example.org as a member, as Carl suggested.  -  However, despite
the viability, I think this technique an inelegant hack to accomplish
what I understand the David's goal to be.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die