[Mailman-Users] Some recipients not receiving messages?

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Mon Jul 10 09:40:31 EDT 2017

Are all 47 recipients on distintly *different* mail providers? Eg exactly one
on gmail, one on hotmail, one on AOL, one on Juno, one on umass.edu, etc.?  Or
are there several on gmail, a bunch on hotmail, a handful on aol, a few on
Juno, etc.?  It could be that that the E-Mails are grouped by provider.
*Also* if 6 or 7 of the people on the list are getting digests, it could be
that for any given message those people are not getting a direct delivery and
instead, *their* messages are being held for a digest to be sent on at a later
time.

At Sun, 9 Jul 2017 10:08:15 -0700 Richard Johnson <raj at mischievous.us> wrote:

> I'm not sure what's going on here.  My mailing list has 47 recipients, yet when a message is sent to it, the "smtp" log sometimes says it's been delivered to 40 recipients and sometimes to 41 recipients.  Questions:
>
> (1) Why not "47" recipients, since that's the number on the list?
> (2) Why sometimes "40" and sometimes "41"?
> (3) Is there a way to see the entire list of recipients sent for each message received?
>
> Thanks for any help!
>
> /raj

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933