[Mailman-Users] Recent trouble with DMARC Munging

Lindsay Haisley fmouse at fmp.com
Mon Jan 16 13:51:10 EST 2017

On Mon, 2017-01-16 at 10:23 -0800, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Note that if you are seeing the
>
> DNS lookup for dmarc_moderation_action for list <listname> not
> available
>
> messages, restarting Mailman may fix it. Also, in this case try
>
> python -c "import dns.resolver"
>
> to see if it reports any error.

I don't believe that the python DNS resolver module is a stock part of
the python distribution. I may be wrong about this, but I recall
explicitly installing it here. If, for any reason, the working version
of python on which Mailman depends was upgraded or up-versioned, this
package may need to be manually re-installed for the new version.

If the symbolic link /usr/bin/python shows a creation/modification date
that coincides with the failure of your DMARC lookups then this is a
possibility, albeit an unlikely one, but it's easy to check ("ls -l
/usr/bin/python")

Mark's tests should help you narrow the problem down.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "The first casualty when
FMP Computer Services |         war comes is truth."