[Mailman-Users] from_is_list Wrap Message: what does that look like?

Matt Morgan minxmertzmomo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 13:22:01 EST 2017

If I use from_is_list "Wrap Message," what will users see? The help page
says "This is effectively a one message MIME format digest." Does that mean
that the original message is going to show up as an attachment in some mail
readers?

What about in Digests? I have to imagine that wrapping is unnecessary on a
digest, so the messages would just look like any other message. Is that
accurate?

I'm trying to advise my list moderators on choosing between "Wrap Message"
and "Reject." And considering whether to give them a choice. "Reject" is
clear and understandable, but will annoy some of our users, none
(approximately) of whom will understand at first why we're doing it. But
"Wrap Message" may confuse everybody else, if those messages look funny or
take an extra step to read.

Anybody who has experience with how list subscribers respond to these
changes, please let me know!

Thanks,
Matt